Cauliflower Grilled Cheese (Gluten Free)…
Something Fun For The Kids And The Kids At Heart…
This is a favorite in our house!
Our kids love it and don’t even notice its a grilled cheese without the bread…
Extra Toppings You Can Add For Fun…
(bacon, tomato, sliced turkey, onions, spinach)
The possibilities are endless…
- 1 head of cauliflower (should make about 4 cups of processed cauliflower)
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1/2 cups shredded cheese (we like white cheddar)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and process the florets in a food processor until the texture resembles rice.
- you can also grate the cauliflower if you don’t have a food processor
- In a medium/large bowl, combine the processed cauliflower, eggs, parmesan cheese, and basil. Mix ingredients together well. Then add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat the skillet with olive oil (or cooking spray alternatively). Scoop some of the cauliflower mixture into a small round patty and place it on one side of the skillet. Repeat last step to make another small round patty and place it on the other side of the skillet. (These patties will be your “bread” slices). Press down on each round patty with a spatula to flatten slightly and cook until golden brown underneath. Flip the patties and brown on the other side.
- Top one cauliflower slice with cheese (and extra ingredients if desired) and place the other cauliflower slice on top. Cook until the cheese is melted and the patties are golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
This recipe should yield about 3-4 sandwiches and should only take about 25-30 minutes from start to finish.
Butternut Squash Lasagna (Gluten Free)…
- 2 medium or 1 large butternut squash
- 1 pound (organic grass fed) ground beef (or turkey or pork if desired)
- 36 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 4 oz. tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3-4 large sweet peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives (or black olives depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups shredded cheese (we love sharp cheddar)
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Coconut oil or fat of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel the butternut squash. Slice it in half at the core so it can be deseeded. Then, slice into very thin rounds by laying the squash on its side on a cutting board. Try to cut the slices as uniformed as possible. Be sure you have a sharp knife!
- Place squash on a baking sheet evenly and bake for about 30-40 minutes. Then remove squash from oven to cool so you can handle the slices.
- While the squash is cooking in the oven, place a large pot over medium heat, sauté the diced onion and peppers in a spoonful of coconut oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the beef, garlic and oregano and raise the heat to medium-high. Sauté until the beef is cooked through.
- Add the olives, tomato sauce and paste and spinach. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to low and simmer.
- Once the squash is out of the oven and has cooled enough to handle and the sauce is done you can start to make the lasagna. Start with a bit of sauce to cover the bottom of the dish (I use a 9×13 glass baking dish). Then place the squash in a single layer. Now add another layer of sauce. Now add about ⅓ of the cheese.
- Repeat the squash-sauce-cheese sequence one or two more times, depending on how much you have left.
- Finish with a light layer of sauce.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a knife easily pierces the squash and the cheese is starting to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool for about 10-15 minutes because its going to be hot!
- Serve with your favorite salad or veggies!
Crockpot Chili With A Twist…
This chili is chalked full of veggies and its amazing! My kids and my husband loved it and I bet yours will too…
- Two pounds of ground beef (turkey or pork can be used too)
- 2 cans tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups Broth
- 2 pounds diced vegetables. You want about half meat, half vegetables. You can use any of these…
- crushed garlic
- sweet peppers
- egg plant
- 1 tbsp. of dark cocoa powder. (gives a smoky flavor)
- 1/4 cup Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheese and green onions and sour cream to top
- Brown ground beef, set aside.
- Add all the veggies and the broth and bring to a boil, simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add ALL ingredients to the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours until most of the liquid is gone.
- 1 large head of cauliflower or 2 small heads, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- 1 egg
- extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. marinara sauce (for Hawaiian pizza with chicken and pineapple, use bbq sauce instead of marinara)
- Toppings of your choice (we used these)
- sweet peppers
- cheddar cheese
- chopped spinach
- Preheat oven 500 degrees F. Place pizza stone on middle rack. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Fill a blender halfway with water ( about 3 1/2 cups) and add about half of the cauliflower florets. Pulse until cauliflower is size of rice. Drain into a colander and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Place cauliflower into a large bowl, cover with a paper towel and microwave for 4-5 minutes. Spread the cauliflower out on a sheet pan to speed up the cooling time. Squeeze out excess water using a clean kitchen towel.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, Parmesan, egg, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Spread out evenly over parchment paper. Place sheet pan directly on pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare your toppings accordingly (We sauté our toppings for 2-3 minutes before adding to cauliflower crust)
- Spread marinara over cauliflower crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle with choice of cheese. Top with your choice of toppings. Bake 10 minutes and serve immediately.